Cooking from the Heart: The Hmong Kitchen in America.
by Sami Scripter and Sheng Yang (University of Minnesota Press)
Cooking from the Heart is the first cookbook to clearly set out the culinary traditions of the Hmong people as well as the cultural significance such traditions hold. The recipes are accompanied by anecdotes, stories, and poems that demonstrate the importance of food and cooking in Hmong culture…
- Fresh Chicken with Hmong Herbs (Nqaij Qaib Hau Xyaw Tshuaj)
- Stir-Fried Baby Bok Choy with Pork (Zaub Ntsuag Dawb kib xyaw Nqaij Npuas)
- Stuffed Bitter Melon (Dib Iab Ntim Nqaij Hau Ua Kua)
- Chicken and Bean Sprout Salad (Hauv SiabQaib thiab Kaus Taum Xav-Lav)
- Rice Porridge (Mov Kua Dis Tsuag)